Please review the full Terms and Conditions to ensure that you adhere to the requirements and receive full benefits.
1. Does this Warranty cover Continental branded passenger and light commercial tyres of any value?
Yes. 18" or greater tyres.
2. Can I get cash back for my claim instead of an amount towards my new tyres?
3. When does my ContiSure Warranty commence?
You will be covered as soon as your new Continental branded tyre purchase has been concluded.
4. I am worried about the current state of the roads - if I hit a pothole am I covered?
Yes. In the event that this incident took place on a Public Road in the covered territories described in the warranty.
5. How is this cover different to the manufacturer's tyre warranty?
The manufacturer's warranty only covers manufacturing defects, not damage due to road hazards.
6. Am I able to claim on this warranty if (a) I have a road accident/collision and my tyre is damaged or (b) my tyres are stolen?
No, this situation is excluded under this warranty as this should be covered under your motor vehicle insurance.
7. Where can I make a claim?
At any TYRES & MORE® store in South Africa.
8. How do I make a claim?
You bring your damaged tyre, the vehicle the tyre was fitted to and proof of identification and your ContiSure Warranty booklet, into the nearest TYRES & MORE® store. The dealer claims official will verify your claim based on the presentation of your ContiSure Warranty booklet, original sales invoice and tyre service record. Once it is verified, your tyre will be assessed.
9. How long is my claim likely to take?
Once the tyre has been assessed and the credit due to you has been calculated by the dealer, you can immediately purchase your replacement tyre. This should take no longer than 30 minutes. The fitting and labour time required should take the standard amount of time.
10. How can I make an enquiry about my warranty?
You can enter your invoice number into the www.tyresandmore.com portal here.
11. Are my current tyres also covered if I replace only 2 tyres?
No, only the Continental branded tyre(s) purchased from a TYRES & MORE® and recorded in your ContiSure Warranty booklet and original sales invoice, are warranted.
12. Can I claim for 1 tyre, twice?
No, once a claim has been granted that particular claim is now void. The tyre claimed for must be kept by the dealer for a monthly audit by CTSA staff. Thereafter, the tyre must be made un-serviceable and disposed of via the legislated scrap collection processor in the absence of legislation, by the TYRES & MORE® in an approved manner.
13. Do I get a ContiSure Warranty that I can keep on me?
No, you will receive a ContiSure Warranty booklet to keep in your vehicle. This booklet is very important and you must ensure that you keep it safe at all times. The compulsory 10 000 km / once per annum tyre inspection services will be recorded in this booklet by the dealer. It is your responsibility to ensure that you get the service history page stamped by the dealer at every visit.
14. Does this ContiSure warranty cover my alloy/steel wheels?
15. Does this come with roadside assistance?
16. Does ContiSure Warranty warrant all brands of tyres?
No, only Continental branded tyres bought from a TYRES & MORE® store are warranted.
17. Does ContiSure Warranty warrant punctures and/or damage done by a nail as well?
Not for the cost of repairs, but if the puncture is deemed irreparable in the sole discretion of TYRES & MORE®, then the tyre would be warranted.
18. Are Continental branded tyres with the SSR (Self Supporting Run Flat) feature warranted?
Yes, the Continental SSR tyres were specifically designed to allow you to be able to drive on with a puncture. These tyres are often damaged in the run flat process and CTSA does not advise repairing them, therefore, they are covered.
19. I bought tyres from a TYRES & MORE® and no one mentioned ContiSure Warranty. Am I covered after I leave the store?
Yes. You will automatically be registered after you purchase your tyres, and the warranty conditions can be downloaded from www.tyresandmore.com or the ContiSure Warranty wording can be emailed to your email address. You need to keep it and your original sales invoice in your car and adhere to all the requirements. If necessary the ContiSure Warranty booklet can be collected from your nearest TYRES & MORE® store.
20. I bought more than one tyre on my original invoice and I have only made one claim. Does my ContiSure warranty cover on the other tyres lapse?
No, the cover only lapses on the tyre you have claimed, however, the replacement Continental branded tyre will also now be warranted under a new ContiSure Warranty. The original sales invoice for the replacement tyre must be attached to the ContiSure Warranty booklet.
21. Is TYRES & MORE® decision final or can I appeal his / her decision via a higher authority?
The dealer claims official (Store Manager) acts as the claims authority. If dissatisfied with the outcome the TiAuto Investments Compliance Officer has the power to make the final decision on behalf of CTSA.
22. Is the ContiSure Warranty transferable to a new owner when I sell my vehicle?
23. How is the remaining tread depth measured?
At the lowest point of the tyre. The TYRES & MORE® makes this assessment using a Tread Depth Gauge.
24. Can I qualify for the warranty on my taxi tyres?
No, this cover will only apply to tyres fitted on passenger, 4X4, SUV or light commercial vehicles that are not used for commercial purposes or in the transportation of passengers for commercial gain.
25. Can a third party claim on my behalf, i.e. I send my driver with my ID and the vehicle in order to make a claim?
No, the owner of the vehicle has to make a claim in person.
26. I had to brake suddenly and there is a flat spot on my tyre. Is this covered?
No, this will be regarded as wear and tear, which is not covered in terms of this warranty.
27. I am too far away from a TYRES & MORE® store. Can I buy a tyre and claim it back?
No. TYRES & MORE® have a very comprehensive dealer network and you have 30 days from the incident to make a claim.
28. Who can I contact to check the status of my ContiSure Warranty?
Visit any, TYRES & MORE® store or you can visit our ContiSure Warranty portal on www.tyresandmore.com and enter your invoice number to check on you warranty status.
29. If I feel my claim was unfairly rejected, who can I raise the matter with?
The TiAuto Investments Compliance Officer.
30. In the case of price increases on tyres, am I now warranted on the original price paid at inception or the new price?
Yes, you are warranted for the original price paid at inception of the cover and as recorded on your original sales invoice.